Caspio Bridge

Welcome to Caspio Bridge Ideabox. We love to hear your improvement ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable setting OnLoad value to Cascading Dropdown Form Element

I am developing an inventory application. In it I came across a requirement to allot part of the material required to be procured and part to be fulfilled from our stock. To lessen the steps that the end user will have to take selecting the item twice, once for each transaction I intended to reload the previously inserted item upon submittal of the record. Because my selection fields are cascading dropdowns I can't setup an On Load value to it. Other than that I think it will be a good idea cuz it will allow us to setup default values…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  DataPages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PDF generator for details page

PDF generator only available for result page. this need to be available to details page.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  DataPages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Running application task using rest api

WE would like to trigger the application tasks using rest api and it would have been great if this feature could be incorporated

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export data in DataPage to a normal xls file, not xml or csv with quotation marks.

Hello,
    In Caspio there is an option to export data from DataPage to an xml and csv file.
    But such export is of little use, because if I would like to make nicer data prints using mail merge, MS Word does not read data from an XML file only from xls. The csv file is also not read because the data is in quotation marks ("data"). For mail merge, both xml and csv files are useless.
    Can you think of exporting data to a regular xls file?
    Greetings,
    Mirosław RUS
    Poland

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Safari Browsers on macOS or iOS (Not allowing user to Login)

Hi Support,

I think Caspio should give a notive on this issue. Safari Browsers on macOS & iOS will not be able to login if there is Caspio's Login script on the html which the user can login easily using Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer.

The only fix which is available in macOS & iOS platform is set the Safari's Preferences > Privacy > Disable "Prevent Cross Site Tracking"

And this is great inconvenience to redirect user to disable this setting in their Safari Browsers. Whats more problematic here is ? Even firefox will disable the site tracking in…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. In the upcoming release, you will be able to log in to Caspio applications using browsers with cross-site tracking prevention enabled. This will work for applications deployed with all methods except iFrame deployment. Stay tuned for iFrame solution update in the future releases.

6. Support for accessing OneDrive Business from Sites or Scheduled Tasks

Currently Caspio only supports connecting to OneDrive Personal accounts and does not support OneDrive Business accounts. This a big blocker for working with external clients. If I am providing an application on behalf of a client using Caspio then I need a way to share files between the client and Caspio. OneDrive is the most commonly used method for file sharing in SMEs. Many businesses do not allow use of Google Drive due to security concerns which only leaves SFTP which is cumbersome to access through SFTP client for business users.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Conditional Forms (Rules) add Disable Form Submission feature

Hi,

I think it is best if we can add a Rule in Conditional Forms that disables form submissions when a certain criteria is met.

Right now, we can only do this in JavaScript which seems to be a standard requirement for this platform.

Thanks,
    CarlsenKing

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DataPages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables and Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow sub-users to access the Ticketing System

Hi,

I was hoping Caspio can allow sub-users to access the Ticketing System. I am the admin of my caspio account and I'd like to keep it that way.

However, I have a couple of developers who are the ones creating apps for our company. It's a pain for me to be the only point of contact when we have an open ticket with you. From the notification emails of new response, to the email exchange within our internal team.

I understand it might be a bit hard to implement but for the meantime it's okay if all of our…

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove the 10,000 record limit for tasks

The 10,000 record limit is too low for updating records using tasks.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it possible to open a PDF instead of saving from a datapage in a website.

When clicking on a LINK to a PDF, make it possible to OPEN the PDF in the webpage instead of SAVING the file. Most other PDF links open in the browser. Caspio only will allow saving the file.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Single datapage to have more than 1 graph

One really obvious missing feature that would put Caspio ahead of products like Knack and Bubble, is to allow a single data page within Caspio to have many graphs. This would mean dashboards could be build within the system, and not have to rely on the copying and pasting of code to an off system dashboard. It also means that dashboard generation would be quicker, users wouldn't need to have stood up another tech stack, and you would assume that users are technically aware enough on how to do it. It also means that all the good access management features…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add new formula fields in views with more than one table

It would be great I could create formula fields in views (with more than one table). This could make it possible to use, combine or calculate data from multiple tables in a formula.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables and Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for a Document/Letter DataPage

It would be nice to have a DataPage type that would work as a Letter that can be combined with our Caspio fields. This would allow us to create pages like Proposals, RFIs, Acceptance/Admission Letters, etc. in a more professional and presentable way.

Being able to create a dynamic letter, with static writing and inserted caspio fields, that could either be downloaded or printed would be awesome.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More than one authentication option for datapages/fields - to have admins see across restricted authentication

Hi,
    It would be great to have a way to pypass the authentication for certain pages and fields or perhaps have more than one type of authentication for each datapage/field. This would allow admin users to have the same access that other local (regular) users have without the need to create separate datapages to admin users.

Thanks!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Concatenate Filename for download of Search Results

I would like to construct the Excel File Name as a concatenation of field values (and text).
    One idea is to concatenate the desired filename in a hidden calculated field on the DataPage,
    and then submit this field in the File name textbox on the Advanced tab of the Result Page options
    https://howto.caspio.com/faq/reports-datapages/how-to-make-the-search-results-downloadable-for-my-users/
    (by default I can add a date value to the file name).
    NB. The search result will be a single record.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Combined Chart and Report, more than one chart

allow to have more that one chart in a data page of type Combined Chart and Report?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Additional Fields in DataTip

The datatip and labelling of data within a chart only allows for Categories, Series and Values within the charts. Is it possible to look at adding more fields for display only?

For example, having 3 sets of data for one individual, however cannot add the date so it is very hard to distinguish if there has been improvement as it can't be identified when each dataset was collected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base