Caspio Bridge

Welcome to Caspio Bridge Ideabox. We love to hear your improvement ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When “prevent cross-site tracking” is turned on

Can you include a pop up message to detect this issue, similar to detecting when third party cookies is turned off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SAVE PDF - Triggered Action

Would it be possible to add a ‘SAVE PDF’ triggered action similar to the ‘SEND EMAIL’ triggered action?

The idea being the PDF could be formatted with the flexibility of HTML then saved into a file field in a record in Caspio.

PDFs could then be accessible via portals or emailed as links.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Open datapages directly into Grid Edit mode

Datapages cannot currently be opened directly into Grid Edit mode even if the "Grid Edit" flag is set on the datapage settings. Instead the datapage opens in a list view and items such as checkboxes appear as values yes/no instead of a checkbox.
    The datapage is therefore unusable until manually switched to grid edit.

The datapage can be forced to switch to Grid Edit via javascript but the page still loads in list mode and then refreshes when the script is executed which is a terrible user experience and makes the app look very unprofessional.

The "grid edit" (or another…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DataPages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sections hidden initially

I hope that there will be an option to hide the sections initially and unhide them based on conditions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow filtering on List string fields

When you want to filter a table, the List string fields don't appear in the "select field" dropdown list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables and Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a Folder capability to Task pane

Need to be able to add folders to better organize the tasks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Export data in DataPage to a normal xls file, not xml or csv with quotation marks.

Hello,
    In Caspio there is an option to export data from DataPage to an xml and csv file.
    But such export is of little use, because if I would like to make nicer data prints using mail merge, MS Word does not read data from an XML file only from xls. The csv file is also not read because the data is in quotation marks ("data"). For mail merge, both xml and csv files are useless.
    Can you think of exporting data to a regular xls file?
    Greetings,
    Mirosław RUS
    Poland

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the capability to eliminate duplicate records in views where 2 tables are joined (with a check box).

Joining 2 tables in Views needs a check box for "distinct" which would remove all duplicate records. This would allow the views to be easily used in tabular reports.

"Distinct" is an important keyword in the underlying SQL Select command that should be easily added by Caspio. I have never needed an SQL Select without the "distinct" keyword in my programming experience.

Views with no duplicate records could allow productive views created with other views as the data source. This should allow data to be filtered and messaged in almost any way which may reduce the need for all of…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Function to display a message in Triggered actions

It would be useful to be able to display a message when a triggered action runs and meets a certain condition.I could then inform the user of confirmation, actions required to rectify or warn them the other table did not update and why.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix pie chart to display both data tip and label when "both" is selected

This only displays both when you hover over it, which doesn't work when you download a png or jpg file. I opened support ticket to get it fixed and they said to open it as an idea here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Many-to-Many Relationship

Caspio can only handle a "one-to-one" or a "one-to-many" relationship in a table field. As a result, creating a "many-to-many" relationship requires creating a third table.

Competing database programs (even those that are less developed than Caspio) allow a table field to easily hold references to multiple other entries in another table -- i.e. a native many-to-many field. (Webflow, Knack, Bubble are other ones I've looked at, and they all had it).

Increasingly, the world works in a "many-to-many" way. For example...
    - A blog post will have many categories
    - An article may have multiple authors
    - An event…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow using App parameters in Triggers

Currently in triggers , it s not possible to use App parameter so if you send an email through the trigger , you have to type the email instead of using the parameter and if the email is changed , you have to go through all the triggers and change it one by one which is exactly the reason why we have app parameters

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ability to change the id.caspio.com timeout. Right now its 10 or 15 min. Need to be able to change that

Add ability to change the id.caspio.com timeout. Right now its 10 or 15 min. Need to be able to change that

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. move the chat icon away from the down arrow in the table. every time I click on the down arrow, the chat box pops up.

Move the chat box icon away from the down arrow on tables. Or alternatively allow the user to close the chat icon or move the icon. Right now, every time you click n the down arrow on your table, the chat box opens up, and there is no way to shift the chat icon so that it isn't near the down arrow (depending on your screen size). On my larger screen this isn't an issue, but when I switch to my smaller laptop screen, it is a huge problem. The only workaround right now is to open the chat box,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Users of the app need to be able to click on a button or link and run a task.

Tasks are very powerful, but they can only be executed on a timed schedule or by the programmer. I would be great if there was a way to create a button or a link inside of the application so the user could run a task.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bulk SMS Worldwide

It cant be possible to have a function that only works for two countries, the US and Canada. can you please look into expanding this worldwide? Its extremely limiting to see that only two countries are cared for.

We are in different countries and have clients in outside our countries, please look into this. Its now becoming an emergency

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove the 10,000 record limit for tasks

The 10,000 record limit is too low for updating records using tasks.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a Cancel button for a Single Record Update

That will take a user to a filtered version of the Search and report page they just left instead of back to a refreshed version of the page. This is when HTML code is added to a search and report page to enable them to edit the uneditable part of a view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Labels for Sections, HTML Blocks, and Virtual Fields in Wizard to Configure Details Page

I have a DataPage with a lot of HTML Blocks and Sections. The names of these in the Wizard, on the "Configure Details Page Fields" are just "Section 1, Section 2... and "HTML Block 1, HTML Block 2..." you get the idea. So, I never know what the section is or the HTML block is, until I open it and look at it. It makes it hard to quickly navigate and do other activities. I would like to be able to add a custom label that shows in the wizard, like "Section 2 - Landscaping", or HTML Block 44 -…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add ability to designate which groupings the aggregate fields should total rather than just first or all.

We currently have the option to show the aggregate totals on the first group or all groups. I have a need to exclude the totals from the first two groups on my report and just show it on the last group. The totals are wrong on the first two groups because the calculation is MAX(field) which works at the lowest level perfectly, but not higher. The request is to have a list of the fields that are grouped on the report and checkboxes to indicate which groups the aggregate should appear.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base